Recognized around the world for making some of the most reliable folding pocket knives, Opinel has put together this ideal collection of tools to help you easily care for and maintain your garden.
Included in the trio is one No.12 Saw Knife (apple green handle) for effortless cutting of branches up to 8cm, one Opinel No.8 Gardener Knife (pink handle) perfect for weeding, picking lettuce and delectable dandelions, and one curved blade No.8 Pruning Knife (tangerine handle) which is also ideal for grafting and incising. Together they comprise the only set of folding pocket tools for the gardener available today. And why the bright colors? Ask yourself how many times you’ve put down one of your smaller garden tools and lost it in the tall grass or in a crowded, over-grown garden. Now they will be easier to find.
The Opinel Virobloc or rotating-lock mechanism was invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, greatly increasing the safety and versatility of the knife by allowing the blade to be locked in the open position. In 2000, the Virobloc locking mechanism was improved to allow locking the blade in either the open or closed position. With a rich history dating back to 1890 in the Savoie region (Chambery) of France, Opinel has taken simplicity, robustness and functionality to a whole new level in producing these fantastic tools that are truly a must-have companion for all home gardeners. And due to the durability of the high quality stainless steel blades, these tools will most assuredly be handed down from one generation to the next. Packaged in an attractive solid wooden gift box, this set becomes a wonderful gift for those you love and who themselves enjoy tinkering around in their personal garden.
- Comfortable, tinted, and varnished solid beech wood handles in three eye-catching (and easy to find) colors
- No.12 Saw (apple green handle) with 12cm (5 inch) all stainless steel blade with two rows of razor-sharp teeth turned towards the handle for effortless cutting of branches up to 8cm thick
- No.8 Gardener Knife (pink handle) with pointed 8.5cm (3.5 inch) stainless steel blade perfect for weeding, picking lettuce and the omnipresent dandelions
- No.8 Pruning Knife (tangerine handle) with curved blade - also ideal for grafting and incising
- Each with Virobloc mechanism to ensure blade safety while in use
- Packaged in an attractive wooden box perfect for gifting
- Saw: Handle length 16.5cm / Blade length 12cm / Length opened 28.5cm / Weight 107g
- Gardener Knife: Handle length 10.6cm / Blade length 8.3cm / Total length opened 18.9cm / Weight 41g
- Pruning Knife: Handle length 11.4cm / Blade length 8cm / Length opened 19.4cm / Weight 50g
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Handle: varnished Beech wood handle, each in their own distinctive color
The Proper Moose sku # OP1617